So the beginning of this year has been interesting to say the least. 1. The new beau asked me to be his girl… Of course I said yes :). 2. Met up with some cousins and my aunt. It was a blast. We laughed so hard. This year has so far gotten to a great start. I can’t wait to see what the rest of the 364 days will bring.
Hey guys, it’s been over a year since I last posted a decent post. I was just busy with life and enjoying being 26. So what has happened since I last posted? Well, take a seat and read on.
1. Angel broke up with me after dating for 5 months… by phone. I made him face me and we had a talk about why he was breaking up with me. I don’t hate him for his reasons even though I think they were dumb. I’m hoping one day we can just be friends.
2. I got accepted to USC’s MPH program in June. I never did celebrate with Angel but I did start my semester ready to do some learning. Can you believe it? I’m a Grad Student!
3. I’m still working full time as a Research Coordinator. I love my job so much. It never ceases to amaze me. I get to travel to different cities a few times a year and it’s all expenses paid.
4. I gained the weight back that I lost. I fell into a pretty deep depression after Angel broke up with me and I comforted myself with food. I gained about 25 lbs. But now I am back on track to lose weight.
5. I restarted Weight Watcher’s on April 1st. So far, it’s been pretty hard to avoid snacking. I am eating more fruits and veggies. I’m hoping to lose the weight I gained as well as an additional 10 lbs. It’s all about motivation.
6. I reconnected with an old friend and it’s been the best experience. Exactly what I needed. Brigitte and I have known each other since we were about 8 years old. We worked together for a few months and now she is doing physical therapy with kids. I think that’s pretty noble.
7. I am still friends with Angel’s sister, Paola. Sure, I may not agree on some decisions she has made but I am there to support her in whatever her next adventure may be. She is getting married in June and I can’t wait to see her and her daughter. The last time I saw them (along with the rest of Angel’s family) was back in November. It was awkward with Angel and I but I still get along fine with his family, especially his mom. She will always be a friend.
8. I am getting back into my old hobbies. I missed the Q*bee so much that I am definitely happy to start back up again.
9. Princess had a pretty rough January/February. She and I learned a great lesson: She needs to learn how to chew and I learned not to give her any ribs no matter how much she begs. She almost died on me and it was the scariest thing in my life. I spent every single penny I had to make her better. Now she is back to her old self.
10. I have been struggling with a pain on my right ankle. I’m not sure what it is exactly but the Orthopedist believes it may be insertional achilles tendonitis. It’s not fun at all. My foot is in constant pain. I’ve been going to physical therapy for about 2 months and although my ankle is getting stronger, it’s still in pain. I hope that we can finally tackle this problem and make my foot pain go away.
Well, that’s about it for now. If I remember anything that I forgot about the past year I will definitely update you.
Hi there! I’m Andie from three-am.org and here is a little review on a place called Bellacures.
My friend Jenny from geekyposh.com gave me the opportunity to write a review on her blog (hello blog readers!) for Bellacures.
Bellacures is a nail salon, with so many different types of services for your hands and your toes. I decided to try the regular manicure and the Monthly Special Manicure. The great thing about this salon is that they send you a confirmation for your appointment. I know that I’m the type of person to forget if I don’t write my appointments down so this is a good reminder.
They did so many things to my feet, that by the end, they were super tingly in a good way. The Monthly special is called Spicy Summer Pedi. My feet had a dip in some cayenne pepper bath soak, exfoliated with a double mint and cayenne pepper sea salt scrub, covered in a minty clay masque, a dip in some hot wax, and a ten minute massage with some peppermint lotion.
So my thoughts after this experience:
They autoclave their tools and the tubs are really clean. The emory boards were one use only which is a definite plus.
The prices were a bit high for my budget but if you want to splurge on your nails, definitely go for it.
There is a parking lot and metered parking around this place. Just make sure to arrive a bit early to find a spot. It costs about $1 per hour at the particular location. There are other locations around L.A. that offer free parking. It just depends on which one you go to.
The service was amazing. Ken and Rebecca were definitely professional and caring for my nails. The nail polish hasn’t chipped at all and it looks so well. My boss thought that I had on gel on my nails but it is just regular nail polish. It’s still very shiny and looks fresh. Ken wasn’t sure what kind of pedicure I was there for so I docked a point for that. Once I cleared it up, it was a good experience.
The location was close to my house which made it so much easier when I had to drive home. I think I will definitely come back when I need my next pedicure. There are shops and other venues around the area so you can do a little shopping around there and get your nails done. This locations was in a part of Los Angeles that I had never had the chance to explore. I am glad I was able to find the location easily.
Would I recommend this place to my friends? Yes, if they want to go in and get special treatment on your hands and feet.
I give this place 4 out of 5 hearts.